Supporting Customers & Families In Times Of Need
At Garlock Printing & Converting, the safety and well-being of our employees is paramount. So much has changed in our culture and all of this, inside of weeks. We have always had a “safety first mindset” and, in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak this mindset has become deeply ingrained into the core of all of us - more than ever.
We are a family and we look out for each other’s well-being. Safety measures are on high alert as we have a responsibility to protect our people, as well as our customers and the consumer. Our industry is essential in ensuring the well-being of all Americans. Garlock is in the homes of practically all Americans through our packaging. We have a great responsibility to our country to keep our employees healthy and our supply chains open. The constant flow to replenish packaging fulfillments for food and household items in the wake of this emergency has opened many eyes to the importance of our industry. We stand proud and ever strong as an essential manufacturer in the United States.
As COVID-19 continues to spread around the world, each one of us has an important role to play in helping to prevent the outbreak from impacting our families and overwhelming our healthcare systems. If we all do our part, we can help reduce the risk for everyone. As a company, GPC is doing its part to flatten the curve.
- Increased use of hand washing and hand gel sanitizers
- Practicing social distancing in both work and personal lives
- Frequent sanitizing of work spaces and high traffic areas
- Attendance points will not be applied to absences related to COVID-19 and/or flu-like symptoms, this includes absences that are related to caring for a family member
- Quarantine protocol for employees who may have been exposed
- Equipping all office personnel / non-production staff to work from home and shelter in place
- Giving clear, trustworthy communications to our employees about stopping the spread of COVID-19 including web-based safety trainings, educational print and digital materials
- Emergency staffing plans in place to address personal safety
- Travel – all business-related travel is restricted until further notice
- Visitors – entry to our facilities will be limited to employees only